FIND YOUR IDEAL RING SIZE
METHOD 1: Measure your finger with a piece of string
METHOD 2: Measure your finger with a piece of paper
- Use a string to circle around the finger.
- Mark the string on the spot where it overlaps the full circle.
- Obtain and measure the length of the circumference.
- Compare the measurement obtained to the table below to get the best approximation.
Ring finger measuring tips:
- Get a non-stretchy string or paper about 6" long and 1/4" wide.
- Wrap around the base of your finger. It has to fit snug, but not too tight.
- Mark the point on the paper where it overlaps forming a circle.
- Compare the length of the paper to the chart. That is your ring size.
Make sure your finger is at a normal body temperature -- fingers can shrink or expand when cold or hot. If your knuckle is much larger than your fingers base, take two separate measurements and choose a size in between. You want a ring to fit over your knuckle, but not be too loose or it will shift around.
*If you are between sizes, order a larger size.
Here are some ways to figure out your girlfriend's ring size on the sly.
- “Borrow” her jewelry. If she already wears a ring on her ring finger (even if it's on the right hand), you can use that as a guide.
- Phone a friend. Enlist her best friend, sister or mom to help you.
- Put a string/piece of paper on it.